Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Westward bound

Okay, so I spent the extent of this morning cleaning the house with my mom and cleaning my own room a bit before I got into my own stuff. I am beyond excited for going to South Bend tomorrow, because I get to see a bunch of my friends that I haven't seen in the longest time. I miss Notre Dame's campus really and while I am a proud SHU pirate, I can't help but feel the tiniest bit Irish too (especially during football season). My connection to the school goes back to the summer before senior year of high school when I was accepted to and attend the Seminar for African American Scholars, which was a program the school hosted in the past to invite African American students to see the campus and see what Notre Dame could offer them. I loved the experience and I met a bunch of really amazing people that I honestly could not imagine my life without.  I don't get to talk to all of the other 39 scholars as much, but I love my 8 Skype date loves because we talk the most and those are the people I am the closest with.

Back to the prep for the trip I am making now though, my father LOATHES my weave and I had to take it out before we left. I was really upset about it because honestly, I love having the long hair. But I wasn't about to jeopardize the trip over some wefts of hair. So I took it out last night, and I blew out that nappy mess on my head. Before anyone goes into a rant about how I should love myself and my hair, you should realize that I am not 100% black and that my head has about four different curl patterns, no lie. So it's hard when half of your head cooperates and straightens nicely and the other half poofs and frizzes any chance it gets. However, I re-straightened it this morning and it looks a bit better, but I notice it is raining today, so it was kinda pointless. Oh well, I put on my new shirt that my sister proudly picked out for me... and I love it.

Okay, well I'm off to take my brothers to the movies. We're going to see Madagascar 3D and honestly, I think I am more excited about it then they are.


without the weave ^ (and my cute sweater)

with the weave.

2 comments:

his little lady said... [Reply]

aw, let me know how madagascar is! i really want to see it too... ;)
xo TJ

Lydia said... [Reply]

thanks for the lovely comment on my DIY hun! you look lovely with & without! x