Saturday, June 16, 2012

God, Country, and Notre Dame

So, it's been a while since I have written so here has what happened:

Cross country trip to Notre Dame:
^the shirt for 2012. can't wait for football season
I think before starting this I should let you know that I am not a student of the University of Notre Dame. I am a proud Seton Hall University pirate and I love the school that I attend. However, I attended the Seminar for African American Scholars at Notre Dame for the summer of 2010 and the experience changed my life forever. I think it goes without saying that that was one of the best memories of my life. I have made the most incredible friends and I fell in love with the school. So why don't I go there? Because God has a plan for me and that's why I find myself in the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Scholarship Association doing big things for Seton Hall, for the black community and for the world.

Okay, so it goes without saying that I love the school. The campus itself is absolutely beautiful. I love it more than any other I have been on (sorry Columbia!) and as I laid there on the bench waiting for my friend to come out of her dorm, I was completely at peace. I feel as if I will always be a little Irish on the inside, no matter what because I feel completely at home at that school.

So, why was I on the campus to start with? Well, ironically enough it had nothing to do with the school. My dad has a friend/co-worker with family ties in the meat industry. So my father purchased half a cow worth of meat. That's two massive coolers full of burgers, ribs, sausage and steak that we drove to the half way point between both places and it was South Bend, Indiana. My freezer, btw, (sorry I have no photos, I was exhausted when I came home) is beautiful. It is stocked from top to bottom with meat. Nom. In case you haven't notice, I appreciate meat immensely. The trip was fun and it was a great bonding experience with my father.

Sibling Movie Night:
In my last post, I talked about going to the movies to see Madagascar, which was amazing by the way. It was pretty funny and I loved the new characters and the lights (if you haven't seen it, you should.. so you understand what I mean by that.. don't wanna spoil it!). I have two little brothers and a younger sister and they all enjoyed it in their own way.

Oh and one thing on movie etiquette, if you see someone with their phone out and they are trying to be discreet with their usage of it... let it be. Do not have a loud conversation about how rude it is that their phone is out. It is probably out because they are communicating with someone important. Like my mother who was interested in when I'd be bringing the boys home since they had school the next day and you don't just ignore your mother....


Relay for Life:
^our t-shirts
^the team (minus me!)
I just actually woke up from my post-Relay nap, which was super needed. Relay this year was great. I love doing Relay for Life; this is my fourth year doing it and every year is another great experience. Personally, this year was my least favourite of the years but there are personal reasons for that, nothing to do with the actual event. I am exhausted though because I was running on no sleep from the night before because I was off being young, wild and free. So, perhaps I'll have a more detailed post later.
But here are some photos from the night:

No comments: