Thursday, April 5, 2012

Art Takes Times Square

I want to talk about something I just recently stumbled upon. I am talking about Art Takes Times Square. Hosted by Artists Wanted, a website that is described in its mission statement as:
"... a collaborative project between several New York City artists and creative organizations working to build new lasting opportunities for emerging talent. We have experienced first hand the difficulties in breaking into the professional art world and it is our mission to make this process more welcoming, dynamic and open-ended.
This is an incredible era for art, photography and design. New paradigms are being explored, boundaries are broken and work is selling at record rates. However, we believe many of the best new artists remain undiscovered. Our job is to get your work seen in the most powerful way possible...."
 Well, Art Takes Times Square is an amazing way to get that done. Artists Wanted, Chashama, and the Times Square Alliance are working together to allow artists from around the world the opportunity to allow their artwork to be shown in one of the most iconic platforms in the world: Times Square. Here is their video:

If you are an artist, I highly recommend that you join the competition. It is an exhilarating experience to have your artwork shown at the smallest of shows, so to have it shown in Times Square is a huge deal. While it is a competition for space and the glory, for the small fee of $25 USD you can be immediately shown to the public, your piece is moved up to premium entry status and your work is guaranteed to be shown at the VIP Party featuring Questlove of the Roots. In addition to all of that, you will be allowed to be in attendance at the VIP party and your work is guaranteed to be shown on a 21 by 12 ft sign in Times Square. Which is kind of a big deal right And I know there is all of the fun and anticipation in being in a competition, but I have considered entering photography competitions whose entrance fee was more than $25 dollars and the only people who get to see those are the judges. I think I might have to drop the money so that I can make the trip with my friends to see my work in Times Square. Speaking of my entry, I hope everyone collects me on Art Takes Times Square! Here is my entry link:http://sierracatherine.artistswanted.org/atts2012 I hope you guys join as well, and let me know if you are entering so I may collect you guys as well! Good luck to all!

No comments: